We appreciate your interest in CaribbeanReads Publishing. We are a small company and only accept a few books for publication each year. Our books are by Caribbean authors. In a few cases we will accept non-Caribbean authors if the story has an undeniably Caribbean theme.
General Submission Information:
We accept submissions directly from authors. We are looking for stories with strong plots and engaging characters.
Currently we are not accepting picture book projects or adult poetry projects.
What to Include in Your Proposal:
- A one-page cover letter giving a brief description of the project (including the length of the project), what’s included in the package, and your contact information. We accept simultaneous proposals, but please indicate this in your cover letter.
- A 250 – 300 word synopsis of the book. Write the blurb for your novel.
- A sample of the first 30 pages of the book.
- A biography that includes any prior publishing credits and your credentials in the field. Let us know why you should write this story.
- A description of the target audience of your project and ideas you may have on how you can reach that audience with your book.
Where to Send Your Proposal:
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We know you want to hear from us but please allow three months for the editors to carefully review your proposal.
PLEASE NOTE: These guidelines are for informational purposes only. They do not constitute a solicitation of any manuscript, artwork, transparencies, or other material.